QLD's Energy Efficient Rebate | Rebate Ends 3rd June
What is the energy efficient appliance rebate?
The Queensland Government have committed money under the Affordable Energy Plan for rebates on approved energy efficient appliances, to help Queensland households improve their energy efficiency.
What does it mean for you?
If you live in QLD you are eligible for a redemption up to $300 when you purchase energy efficient 4 star or above washing machines, refrigerators or air conditioners.
Eligibility for redemption:
Rebates will apply to purchases on or after 1 January 2018 of the following household appliances:
- $200 for a 4 star energy rated washing machine
- $250 for a 4 star energy rated refrigerator
- $300 for a 4 star energy rated air conditioner.
How to redeem?
Customers will have until midnight, 3 June 2018 to purchase an eligible appliance and 30 days from the date of purchase to submit their rebate application. The final date applications will be accepted is 3 July 2018.
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for a rebate, the appliance must:
- have a minimum 4 star energy rating
- be new and purchased on or after 1 January 2018 (a copy of the tax receipt must be provided showing you have paid in full)
- be for the purposes of domestic/residential use in a Queensland residence.
- Eligible appliances must be new and must be one of the following:
- Fridge, with a minimum 4 star energy rating. This includes a combination fridge/freezer but does not include an appliance that is a freezer only.
- or Washing machine, with a minimum 4 star energy rating. This includes a combination washer/dryer but does not include an appliance that is a dryer only.
- or Air-conditioner that has a minimum 4 star energy rating. This includes ducted, split system and window air-conditioners, but does not include freestanding portable air-conditioners or evaporative air conditioners.
See Queensland Government website for full Terms and conditions