Betta Product Review Competition Terms and Conditions
- 1. Information on how to enter, dates and prizes as set out in the Schedule form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- 3. Subject to any age restriction specified in item 1 of the Schedule, entry is open to all residents of Australia who fulfil the requirements set out below.
How to enter
- 4. Entrants may enter the competition by following the entry requirements set out in Item 2 of the Schedule. Conditions specific to the method of entry are set out in Item 2 of the Schedule.
- 5. Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email or postal address (as requested), to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- 6. Entrants may enter this competition as often as is specified in Item 3 of the Schedule.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- 7. The competition commences on 1/3/2017 at 12:01 AM and closes 28/2/2018 at 11:59 PM. (‘Promotional Period’). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter
- 8. Each individual promotion conducted under the blanket will open, close and be drawn on the date specified in Item 1 of the Schedule. All draws will be conducted at the premises of the Promoter, BSR Australia Ltd of 18/56 Lavarack Ave, Eagle Farm QLD 4009. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
- 9. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning the major prize.
- 10. The winner/s will be notified by email or mail (as determined by the address provided by the entrant) within two business days of the draw.
- 11. Prizes will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
- 12. The Promoter may conduct such further draws three months after the original draw at 11am and at the premises of BSR Australia Ltd of 18/56 Lavarack Ave, Eagle Farm QLD 4009 in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email and telephone within two business days of the draw.
Prize on offer
- 13. Total prize value is up to $5,000 over the Promotional Period (Including GST), as at 30/10/2015. Individual prizes under this promotion must be valued at $1,000 or less and each draw must have a total of $3,000 or less. Records will be kept of all prizes and winners under this blanket permit.
- 14. The prizes on offer for the individual promotion are specified in Item 5 of the Schedule and conditions specific to the prize/s are specified in Item 4 of the Schedule.
Further Terms and Conditions
- 15. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- 16. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- 17. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- 18. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- 19. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- 20. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- 21. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection Statement
- 22. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- 24. In participating in this promotion, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- 25. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- 26. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generation and use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- 27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- 28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’).
- 29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize. The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- 30. NSW Permit No. LTPM/16/01131. ACT Permit Number. TP 16/02240
Item reference in terms and conditions
Applicable to competition
1 – Who can enter open, close, and draw dates and times
Age restriction: N/A
Competition open date and time: 1st March 2017
Competition close date and time: 28th February 2018
Competition draw date and time:
The winners will be the first valid entries drawn at BSR Australia Ltd, 18/56 Lavarack Ave, Eagle Farm QLD 4009 as follows
Competition draw date and time:
DRAW 1: 9:00am 3rd April 2017
DRAW 2: 9:00am 1st May 2017
DRAW 3: 9:00am 1st June 2017
DRAW 4: 9:00am 3rd July 2017
DRAW 5: 9:00am 1st August 2017
DRAW 6: 9:00am 1st September 2017
DRAW 7: 9:00am 3rd October 2017
DRAW 8: 9:00am 1st November 2017
DRAW 9: 9:00am 1st December 2017
DRAW 10: 9:00am 3rd January 2018
DRAW 11: 9:00am 1st February 2018
DRAW 12: 9:00am 1st March 2018
2- Entry method and conditions of entry
Submitting their original entry through an original product review submission at http://www.betta.com.au/review/product/submit
3- number of entries per person
An entrant may enter as many times as they wish.
4- Prize conditions
Prize must be used in full within 12 months of the close date and are subject to conditions of use. In the event a winner does not use the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
5 – number of winners and prizes and value
36 winners will receive $100 Betta Gift Cards prize valued at $100
3 winners will be selected monthly.